When it comes to work out recovery, the human body tends to need some help when it comes to bouncing back from sustained performance. There are several different tools out there for our trainers to use a variety to help our athletes recover from a rigorous workout. Whether we are helping them return to play or train for the next big race, our individualized workouts are designed to reach their bodies’ optimal performance.
New to the market and a tool that has become popular is the Theragun. While this tool can come off as intimidating, the Theragun has become a fan favorite after undergoing a tough workout. Many athletes love the release from the muscle tension they feel after using the Theragun. The benefits of massage gun therapy go far beyond the initial release. Its use can aid in future performance and prevent injury.
WHAT IS THE THERAGUN?
The Theragun is a kinetically powered device that is similar to a foam roller but with a lot less effort. The motor is scientifically-calibrated for optimal results to delivery percussive therapy to sore and tight muscles. The triangular shape of the massage gun is ergonomically sound and perfectly weighted to allow the user to treat themselves or others.
The body perceives pain at specific frequencies. The Theragun and other massage guns “trick” your nervous system into blocking pain signals to the brain and increase the blood flow to your muscles. This offers numerous benefits to your body, both at the time of use and in the future.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF A MASSAGE GUN?
Our main focus when it comes to percussive therapy is to improve sports performance and aid in recovery. Beyond those reasons, there are many benefits to be gained by the use of the Theragun:
- Relieves stress and relaxes the body by releasing tension and fluid deep in the muscles to increase tissue metabolism.
- Increases blood and lymphatic circulation, which allow more oxygen and nutrients to reach the muscles.
- Encourages healing of atrophied muscles by “waking them up” to allow for faster healing with increased flexibility.
- Releases lactic acid build up in the body, often a result of intense exercise.
- Stimulates nerve receptors, which cause vasodilation in the skin and muscles to improve mobility.
- Breaks up scar tissue by deeply massaging collagen fibers to alleviate pain and relieve constriction.
- Enhances the range of motion by creating more flexible joints and reducing the risk of strains and sprains.
- Improves overall wellness. Regular use of a Theragun can improve sleep and immunity, as well as reduce anxiety.
Have questions or concerns? Call Bluestone Health Group. Contact us to schedule an appointment by clicking this link or calling (203) 220-6488