- Prevent health problems: This is the most important reason. Annual physicals allow your doctor to review any changes that have occurred over the last year and encourage healthy choices and lifestyle. Also, your physician can help you identify risk factors that could lead to future health problems and offer expert advice on how to manage them. Your physician is a valuable asset in your goal of remaining as healthy as you can be.
- Review and renew medication prescriptions: This also gives your time to review your medications with your physician. This can include over-the-counter-medications, as well as regular prescriptions. This will ensure that you are treating your medical problems the best way available and will help prevent possible side effects of medications and possible medication interactions.
- Establish baselines: Getting a routine physical will help establish a baseline that will aid you and your doctor in making future healthcare decisions.
- Save Money. If a doctor can detect a problem before it gets too serious, then you’ll actually save a lot of money on medical bills down the road.
- Update Vaccinations: These are not just for children. Staying up-to-date on your vaccinations is an important way to prevent disease and its consequences such as missed work and future healthcare concerns.
Remember, the best medicine is preventative medicine. Schedule your physical today.